PDA

View Full Version : [SOLVED:] Creating a combined formula with erow macros

tommyl18
02-13-2014, 03:48 AM
Hi I have attached my workbook,

I have a drop down list and a table in relation to each set of data in the drop down.]

I need to use a combined formula im guessing vlookup with find next empty row macro to put the information into a master table which will add up all the smaller tables depending on which table is chosen from the drop down list.

It will make sense once you see the workbook

I really appreciate all your help

thanks

p45cal
02-13-2014, 07:13 AM
Having data set up in three separate tables makes things difficult, as you've discovered.
Have the raw data as one table which you can add to, adjust, it doesn't matter what order the rows are in.
In the attached I've rearranged your raw data into a single table starting at B32, next to it I've added a pivot table which gives you the results you want (and probably more if you make further choices from the two other drop downs in the pivot table). Additionally, you can double click any value (especially any of the totals) to get a breakdown of that figure (it was by doing this that I noted you had 2 entries for remove toilet/labour). It took less than a minute to add the pivot table.
ALL the information in the pivot and its workings come from rows 32 and below so the data above that is redundant now.

tommyl18
02-14-2014, 03:32 AM
Thanks for that, thats great really appreciate your help