PDA

View Full Version : New to VBA - Need help

RayRay
02-27-2014, 09:05 AM
Hello, I am some what new to VBA and was hoping someone could help me.

I have the following code:

Private Sub cboProStaffLevel_Change()
cboProStaffLevel.List = Array("Analyst I", "Analyst II", "Senior Analyst", "Consultant", "Senior Consultant")
Select Case cboProStaffLevel
Case "Analyst I"
'Expected major responsibilities
ActiveDocument.Tables(3).Cell(3, 1).Range.Text = "• Performs well defined technical tasks of low scope/complexity within established timelines."
ActiveDocument.Tables(3).Cell(4, 1).Range.Text = "• Performs tasks in alignment with project expectations."
ActiveDocument.Tables(3).Cell(5, 1).Range.Text = "• Communicates progress, questions, and concerns with supervisors."
ActiveDocument.Tables(3).Cell(6, 1).Range.Text = "• Work evidences few errors in logic/technical understanding and few errors in presentation."
ActiveDocument.Tables(3).Cell(7, 1).Range.Text = "• Work product shows increasing awareness of firm's quality standards."

When the user selects the dropdown the assigned text is populated into the corresponding cell.

I want to get rid of all the cells and have the text display into one cell but in a bullet list format.

This is probably an easy solution but I have not been able to figure it out.

Any help is appreciated.
RayRay

TrippyTom
03-03-2014, 04:52 AM
Please ignore my post below! (I didn't realize this was a WORD question) :banghead:

Hi Rayray,

You don't need code for this. I would use data validation instead.

I also recommend you shorten it to not be so wordy as it won't show up in a drop-down list unless you extend the cell width to something very wide. I would put numbers 1-5 next to them and use the numbers in the drop-down list instead. Then have a key showing what the numbers mean off to the side. (see attached Excel file for an example)