PDA

View Full Version : Chris from THE state of Ohio

Chris Macro
03-13-2014, 11:25 AM
Hey everyone!

I'm Chris, I'm all of 25 years old, and I've been working with Excel, PowerPoint, etc... for a little over 3 years now as a financial analyst. I've been over at the MrExcel forum all those years and just recently heard that this was the place where all the cool people hang out. So of course I had to check it out! I like that there are specific threads set up for PowerPoint and Word. I have been painfully teaching myself how to code VBA for those applications after becoming fairly comfortable with VBA for Excel. It looks like there are a ton of great and knowledgeable people on this forum and I am excited to learn from everyone (and maybe give you all my two cents from time to time!). I'm always around on social media, so feel free to connect with me.

PS. In my title I capitalized the word "the" for a reason. Us Ohioans like to insert 'the' in front of everything! :)

See ya around!

Chris

mancubus
03-14-2014, 03:22 AM
Hey Chris. welcome to the forum :)

Bob Phillips
03-14-2014, 04:49 AM
Good to have you aboard Chris, as you say, this is indeed where the cool people are. It is nowhere near as busy as MrExcel, but where necessary, threads develop here, they don't just drop off the radar within an hour.

It's also good to see someone of your age using VBA, keep all of us old farts on our toes :)

Chris Macro
03-14-2014, 05:36 AM
Hey Chris. welcome to the forum :)

Thanks Mancubus

Chris Macro
03-14-2014, 05:45 AM
Good to have you aboard Chris, as you say, this is indeed where the cool people are. It is nowhere near as busy as MrExcel, but where necessary, threads develop here, they don't just drop off the radar within an hour.

It's also good to see someone of your age using VBA, keep all of us old farts on our toes :)

Haha, yeah I don't know too many people my age who play around with VBA either! But I'm currently designated as my company's Excel consultant/teacher, so hopefully I'll be able to sway some more people my age to realize the power of VBA. Thanks for leaving a note James!

Bob Phillips
03-14-2014, 06:12 AM
I am not James, that is a quote from the American humourist James Thurber, http://thurberhouse.org/james-thurber. He is somewhat topical, as he wrote The Secret Life of Walter Mitty, the story is far better than the rambling movie.

Chris Macro
03-14-2014, 06:26 AM
haha, my apologies. That's what I get for trying to be personal! I will refer to you as Grand Master xld from now on :)

mancubus
03-14-2014, 06:50 AM
I am not James, that is a quote from the American humourist James Thurber, http://thurberhouse.org/james-thurber. He is somewhat topical, as he wrote The Secret Life of Walter Mitty, the story is far better than the rambling movie.this is really good. :)
"It is better to know some of the questions than all of the answers." © James Thurber

Zack Barresse
03-15-2014, 10:46 AM
Welcome!

You should always refer to Bob as xld. It's still in question whether this Bob fellow actually exists or not. ;)

Caution Chris, you may learn copious amounts of information here, and it could become extremely addictive and habit forming. :)

Chris Macro
03-17-2014, 05:53 AM
Welcome!

You should always refer to Bob as xld. It's still in question whether this Bob fellow actually exists or not. ;)

Caution Chris, you may learn copious amounts of information here, and it could become extremely addictive and habit forming. :)

Haha, I'll have to keep that in mind Zack!

Homer35805
07-31-2014, 11:59 AM
Hey,

I want to learn too!! And welcome from THE state of Confusion (most of the time). Actually, I can say where I am in two words..."Roll Tide"....

Szeto
09-11-2014, 11:34 PM
hello