PDA

View Full Version : Import data from excel to a label in powerpoint

elvagonumero1
03-17-2014, 06:15 PM
I have this excel file that works as a data base, there i fill everyday 5 tables in 5 different worksheets, each table grows along with the day, so each row is linked to an specific date.

Then i need to make a daily report in a powerpoint presentation. I've done the presentation as a template, putting images of the tables and then embedding labels in everyplace i need.

Now the request, I need to do a vba program that take the value of one cell that is in the same row as some specific date (that i can define) and then put it in a label on a existing powerpoint presentation. After that i need that the these changes will be saved in a new file with the date as file name.
I hope i explained myself clear enough because I'm not native English speaker.

I'm using office 2003. All the help will be appreciated

Thanks in advance!

elvagonumero1
03-18-2014, 10:08 AM
I would like to have a macro that when starts asks for the date that i want the report to linked to, then check it with the data within the excel file and after that send it to the respective powerpoint label.

As a start it would be helpeful some code that can take one value from excel and then put it in a label embedded label on a powerppoint presentation. I think I can manage the rest, while i'm learning VBA.

Thanks again.