PDA

View Full Version : VBA combo boxes

nparsons75
03-25-2014, 01:45 AM
I have a number of user forms. Let's say 5. Stage 1,2,3,4 and 5. At stage 1 a serial number is entered into a text box. At stage 2 the serial number becomes available in a combo box. I need to select the serial number from the combo box and press submit. I need the serial number to now show in a combo box at stage 3, BUT, no longer show at stage 2. Once the serial number has been submitted at stage 2 it can't be selected again (unless re-booked in at stage 1).

It is like a production line. Stage by stage. Eventually when it reaches the end at stage 5 and submitted it will be gone from all combo boxes.

Each user form opens up a database (spreadsheet) when submit is pressed. It enters the data and closes the database. I need all the data to remain in the database but the combo boxes to only show the serial numbers available to the stage.

Hope this makes sense, this has bothered me for days, can't get to the bottom of it.

This is my latest code for this operation:

Private Sub UserForm_Activate() Dim SourceWB As Workbook
Dim rng As Range, Item As Range
Dim i As Integer
Application.ScreenUpdating = False
With Me.axlenumbox
.Clear ' remove existing entries from the combobox
' open the source workbook as ReadOnly
Set SourceWB = Workbooks.Open("J:\WHEELSET FLOW SYSTEM\LIVE SYSTEM\database_np_201403190805.xlsx", _
False, True)
'set the data range
With SourceWB.Worksheets("database")
Set rng = .Range(.Range("f5"), .Range("f" & .Rows.Count).End(xlUp))
End With

' get the values you want

For Each Item In rng
If Item.Offset(0, 9).Value <> "fail" Then
.AddItem Item.Value ' populate the listbox
End If
Next Item
.ListIndex = -1 ' no items selected, set to 0 to select the first item
End With
SourceWB.Close False ' close the source workbook without saving changes
Set SourceWB = Nothing
Application.ScreenUpdating = True End Sub

GTO
03-25-2014, 03:24 AM
Please scrub/substitute sensitive data, but I would SOOOOO... suggest you post a workbook with your code and same type data; so that we might be able to give a decent solution.

Mark

nparsons75
03-25-2014, 03:56 AM
Hi Mark,

I have supplied a link to the files.

Stages 1,2 and 3. There is a database file and a database viewer. (the viewer just duplicates the database for viewing purposes).

Please ask if I need to explain in any other detail. Appreciate the help, thanks.

nparsons75
03-25-2014, 03:57 AM
wont let me add a link until 5 posts

nparsons75
03-25-2014, 03:58 AM
I have no other way of linking the files or sending?

nparsons75
03-25-2014, 04:00 AM
Bit more info.

How it works:

1. Enter a serial number at stage 1 and select available in status.
2. Select the serial number in stage 2, select pass or fail in status. Press submit.
3. I now want the serial number (axle serial number) to appear in the combo box at stage 3. BUT no longer appear at stage 2.
4. This happens at each stage afterwards.

nparsons75
03-25-2014, 04:01 AM
I have supplied a link to the files.

Stages 1,2 and 3. There is a database file and a database viewer. (the viewer just duplicates the database for viewing purposes).

Please ask if I need to explain in any other detail. Appreciate the help, thanks.

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/et3jt6ph941be2h/e-ZYHJ_QM9