PDA

View Full Version : Dotted lines on a userform

stevetalaga
03-25-2014, 07:01 AM
I have created a simple userform with some fields that are used to update fields in the active document. I have also used some radio buttons to select a gender. When I use the form and select a radio button a dotted line appears around the selected button (see screen shot). Is there a way that I can stop this dotted line from appearing? I have looked through the radio button properties but can't find anything to turn it off.
Thanks in advance.

snb
03-25-2014, 09:52 AM
It might indicate you selected the optionbutton.

stevetalaga
03-25-2014, 10:17 AM
It does indicate that - If I select the other option button then that one has the dotted border. What I want to do is to turn it off and just use the black dot to show that the option button was selected. Just trying to keep the display tidy.

snb
03-25-2014, 01:20 PM
The black dot shows it's value, not it being selected; if you select another control (e.g. a commandbutton), it's caption will be 'dotted'.

fumei
03-25-2014, 02:06 PM
Sorry stevetalaga AFAIK this is not an toggleable option. As snb points out, it shows the control that is selected. I do think that it seems a bit silly. Or pointless.

stevetalaga
03-25-2014, 07:18 PM
Thanks guys. It is a pity, especially for controls where I do not use the Caption. Here's an example of when I use a Check Box to enable / disable some option buttons and I get a small dotted rectangle on its own when the Check Box is the last control selected:
Just looks messy.
Thanks for your answers.