PDA

View Full Version : Searching information in different bases

vidaLL
03-28-2014, 12:37 PM
Hi all.

I would like just a simple example how to get information from different sheets using vba.

Plan1

NAME
COUNTRY

LING
JAPAN

PEDRO
BRAZIL

RANNAH
AUSTRALIA

Plan2:

NAME

COUNTRY

Ill apply this in a big sheet that i cant change the format(report).

Thank you all for the attention.

DILIPandey
03-31-2014, 12:30 AM
Hi VidaLL,

You want the information in Plan2 based on some NAME or you want all the information from Plan1 to Plan2 ?

Regards,
DILIPandey

vidaLL
03-31-2014, 05:46 AM
Hi VidaLL,

You want the information in Plan2 based on some NAME or you want all the information from Plan1 to Plan2 ?

Regards,
DILIPandey

I just want all the information from Plan1 to Plan2 .

Tks

DILIPandey
03-31-2014, 06:13 AM
Okay... then I guess its simple copy - paste (transpose)
- same action can be triggered through vba as well or I am missing something here ?

Regards,
DILIPandey

vidaLL
03-31-2014, 06:25 AM
Okay... then I guess its simple copy - paste (transpose)
- same action can be triggered through vba as well or I am missing something here ?

Regards,
DILIPandey

Yes... transpose could be a solution , if i could change the format of the sheet. :(
The plan2 in this case is sheet that i have to report many financial informations. So i can't change the format.
I just want an example for this case to try to put this macro in this other report.

DILIPandey
03-31-2014, 06:40 AM
See, while transferring (copying) values from Plan1 to Plan2, you can "paste as it is" or "paste as values" and I guess second option can work here which will save the existing format on Plan2.

Regards,
DILIPandey

vidaLL
03-31-2014, 06:54 AM
See, while transferring (copying) values from Plan1 to Plan2, you can "paste as it is" or "paste as values" and I guess second option can work here which will save the existing format on Plan2.

Regards,
DILIPandey

I wish things were simple. I work in a multinational and for internal regulations of SOX, we can no longer have access to these spreadsheets of results. So they asked me to develop this macro.
So , thats why i'm asking this simple example(i guess).

Because the responsible will push a button, not having manual intervention.

DILIPandey
04-03-2014, 05:55 AM
If you are agree with transpose, then no need to do that manually as a macro can do that for you.

But - are you agree with this ?

Regards,
DILIPandey