PDA

View Full Version : [SOLVED:] VB6 Form: Remove the option button selection square thingee

Dave
03-28-2014, 11:01 PM
Can't seem to Google the right thing so... How to get rid of the dotted box thingee that surrounds the text of a selected option button that is located on a VB6 form? The form is the container for 2 buttons and etc. I can't seem to find the right property or maybe it's just one of those aesthetically annoying impossiblities that I should learn to live with? Anyways, any help would be appreciated. Dave

Dave
03-29-2014, 07:49 AM
It maybe should have been obvious but the square thingee is the setfocus indicator for the option button. You can "remove" it by coding the option button selection to set the focus to a different non-option button control. I guess this can't be resolved by a properties setting. This thread seems solved unless anyone has a more elegant solution. I'll leave it for a while before I mark it as solved. Dave

SamT
03-29-2014, 08:46 AM
Fake it. Shrink the Option button down till you can only see the selection circle and use a Label control for the Caption part. Use the label click event to set the value of the Option Button. No one but you will know the difference.

Dave
03-31-2014, 07:38 AM
Thanks SamT. A simple solution from outside of the box. I'll mark this thread solved. Dave