PDA

View Full Version : Make a received message editable without navigating through the UI

acantor
04-04-2014, 08:52 AM
In Outlook 2010, it takes a bit of work to make a received message editable:

Home > Action > Edit Message

Is there a way to do this programatically?

westconn1
04-04-2014, 11:53 PM
you could try like

Private Sub Application_NewMail()
Set inb = GetNamespace("mapi").GetDefaultFolder(olFolderInbox)
inb.Items(inb.Items.Count).Display
end subthis should open all incoming mail items

acantor
04-09-2014, 09:23 AM
I forgot an important detail.

Let's say I open a message in Outlook, and I want to select some of the body text. If I use a mouse, I point, click, and drag, and the text is selected.

But if I do not (or choose not to) use a pointing device, and need to select text via keyboard, keyboard navigation is disabled untl I navigate through the ribbons to the "Edit Text" command.

I am looking for a VBA way to activate the "Edit Message" command. The command is buried deeply in the UI: "Home > Action > Edit Message"

acantor
04-09-2014, 10:43 AM
I discovered a non-VBA solution: Add the "Edit Message" command to the Quick Access Toolbar (QAT).

To activate, press Alt + (number of icons from the left edge of the QAT), e.g., Alt + 6 if it's the sixth icon from the left.

Still, I would appreciate having a better understanding of what's happening under the hood...

acantor
04-13-2014, 01:08 PM
Can VBA be used to force the "Edit Message" behaviour as the default, instead of having to set it every time a message is opened?