PDA

View Full Version : [SOLVED:] Making a common change to slide.controls

garyj
04-05-2014, 03:57 PM
Hello...

I hope this hasn't already been addressed... been searching for answers most of the day.
I am developing a non-profit training module for our volunteers. The module has 6 sections with a short multiple choice quiz at the end of each.
Since I copied the slides, the answer textbox is named the same on every slide. After submitting the answer, I disabled the box. If the user decides to redo the section he/she would need to select a button and every textbox in that section would be enabled and the answer within it emptied. Since it includes a lot of repetition I wanted to refer to the slide as an object. That in itself raised a different problem because I didn't create the slides in regular order and so for example, the 16th slide is numbered as "Slide19" in the VBA list of PowerPoint Objects. I have learned that there is a way to refer to Slide19 and also to slide(16).... not that this erases the confusion.

Here is the code I have so far...

Sub Reset2()
Dim osl As Slide
Dim myct As Integer
For myct = 38 To 42
Set osl = Me.Controls("Slide" & CStr(myct)) 'Me doesn't work - nor did anything else I tried here
With osl
.TextBox1.Value = "" 'doesn't recognize TextBox1
.TextBox1.Enabled = True
"do more stuff here"
End With
Next
End Sub

The following works.... but with all my slides it will be a lot of code, especially since I have only given you 2 items where there is actually a slightly longer list of "do more stuff". Any help to consolidate this code would be appreciated.

Sub Reset2()
With Slide38
.TextBox1.Value = ""
.TextBox1.Enabled = True
End With
Next
With Slide39
.TextBox1.Value = ""
.TextBox1.Enabled = True
End With
Next
With Slide40
.TextBox1.Value = ""
.TextBox1.Enabled = True
End With
Next
With Slide41
.TextBox1.Value = ""
.TextBox1.Enabled = True
End With
Next
With Slide42
.TextBox1.Value = ""
.TextBox1.Enabled = True
End With
Next
End Sub

Thanks
Gary

John Wilson
04-06-2014, 12:50 AM
Not quite sure what you need but if you want to refer to the CURRENT slide (in show mode). NOTE how you refer to ActivX TextBoxes using the name and OLEFormat.

Dim osld as Slide
set osld=SlideShowWindows(1).View.Slide
With osld
On Error Resume Next
'Whatever
osld.Shapes("TextBox1").OLEFormat.Object.Text = ""
osld.Shapes("TextBox1").OLEFormat.Object.Enabled = False
End With

To reset all slides

Dim osld as Slide
For each osld in ActivePresentation.Slides
On Error Resume Next ' in case there is no Textbox1
'Do Whatever
osld.Shapes("TextBox1").OLEFormat.Object.Text = ""
osld.Shapes("TextBox1").OLEFormat.Object.Enabled = False
Next

garyj
04-07-2014, 11:50 AM
Thanks John...
Your response was close enough to what I was looking for, that I was able to make the adjustments. I was trying to reset 5 slides only at a time, depending on which section the user wants to redo. So I now have Reset1, Reset2, Reset3, etc, which set the sldstart value and send to ResetNow which is like this. And it works :yes

Sub ResetNow()
For myct = sldstart To sldstart + 4

With ActivePresentation.Slides(myct)

.Shapes("TextBox1").OLEFormat.Object.Text = ""

.Shapes("TextBox1").OLEFormat.Object.Enabled = True

.Shapes("CmdSubmit").OLEFormat.Object.Enabled = True

.Shapes.Item("HiLite").Visible = False

End With

Next

End Sub

Gary

John Wilson
04-07-2014, 02:35 PM
Glad it helped. Usually in PPT it's best to avoid ActivX TextBoxes alltogether but if you need the user to type into them during a show there's no alternative. In most other cases they are not needed.