PDA

View Full Version : Problem with ProgressBar

k0st4din
04-06-2014, 11:48 AM
Hello to all
I would like to ask is there anyone who can help me with two things in my file is related to the "ProgressBar"?
Attachment with a "UserForm" and a few buttons it with Admissions macros for each of them . I've made one "ProgressBar", but do not know how to do that when I press any button, it activates and shows me as percentages from 0 % to 100 % (ie 100% is assumed that the macro has done its work ) and then hides it (Unload) and so for each button pressed .
The other thing I can think - if you have for each button I will make my own "ProgressBar" and pressing the desired button will be displayed upon completion of the required action to be hidden.
And how can we do to work together on selected macro button?
I would be very grateful for assistance from your side.
Link to file (http://www.sendspace.com/file/ll6vvm)
I made a request in this forum, but no one has answered my query (http://www.mrexcel.com/forum/excel-questions/769231-two-problems-progressbar.html).

snb
04-06-2014, 12:48 PM
You'd better invest in speeding up your code than slowing it down by a 'pro'gress Bar.

k0st4din
04-06-2014, 01:16 PM
I can understand that, but the problem is that in most cases when you press one of the buttons there (how to say) as a kind of delay while the macro fulfill its purpose. This figuratively speaking is not visible and the person thinks that the macro has completed its task, in which is pressing the next button and excel file confuses. Therefore looking for options to suggest when I finish a macro to select another button (macro).
Generally accept other ideas.
If something comes to your mind you are always welcome.
Thank you in advance :)

GTO
04-06-2014, 01:37 PM
As to a lack of answers, it may be that others experience the same as I, in not having at least one of the libraries you have referenced; to wit:

MISSING: Controls 1.0 Type Library

I see that 'Microsoft Windows Common Controls 6.0 (SP6)' is also referenced ( C:\Windows\system32\MSCOMCTL.OCX ), and although it doesn't show as missing, I don't see it in the folder?

Anyways, what version of Excel are you using? What version of Windows?

You may wish to consider making a pseudo progress bar out of labels.

Mark

k0st4din
04-06-2014, 09:40 PM
Hello
you may be right - for missing answers, but I can not understand what the role of Nero in excel?

I see that 'Microsoft Windows Common Controls 6.0 (SP6)' is also referenced ( C:\Windows\system32\MSCOMCTL.OCX ), and although it doesn't show as missing, I don't see it in the folder?
You also can not figure out what kind of file you're talking about but if I understand you correctly I will show you pictures where I'm taking this "ProgressBar"
11521As to what windows used - it can not give you a specific answer because of my flash drive I sit on different computers used by XP to windows 8.1. To excel, I think that the important thing is that all files are abbreviated (.xls) and not in the format (.xlsx)
If you have another an inquiry'm available to answer and I hope I have understood correctly your questions.
Thank you in advance

GTO
04-06-2014, 11:15 PM
I downloaded once and cannot seem to again. Could you post the file here instead? Use the <Go Advanced> button and scoll down to manage attachments.

Bob Phillips
04-07-2014, 01:54 AM
The guy in the other thread is responding, so it seems best to leave it to him over at MrExcel.

GTO
04-07-2014, 03:44 AM
Hi Bob:hi:

Okay.

Gosh, it has been a bit, hasn't it? Too tired to be sociable tonight, but maybe in a couple of days.

Hope all is blessed at your end :-)

Mark

k0st4din
04-07-2014, 09:04 PM
Hi - I tried the macro proposed by colleague (http://www.mrexcel.com/forum/excel-questions/769231-two-problems-progressbar.html#post3772083) (my last post), but gives me an error
I'll be glad if you can see why it does this

Bob Phillips
04-08-2014, 02:17 AM
Personally, no! It is unfair in my view to be playing both forums, I have wasted enough time in the past because the question was also being dealt with elsewhere. I feel you should go and ask the guy at MrExcel who provided that solution, he may be working on it as we speak.

k0st4din
04-08-2014, 12:17 PM
Please understand me correctly with what I write - I understand that writing in two forums is not very correct.
But if you trace it - you can see that I 've written - if I do not answered or if I answered and then I error occurs in the code of the macro.
In another forum I asked my colleague I shared it gives me an error, and he replied that he could not understand where the problem is. You know that if I knew how to fix it, I would not ask. It would like to ask you - How long should I wait and if he did not answer me ask you in this forum ?
Thank you very much and please do not blame me, do you still have forums so it can help those who do not understand!?

Jan Karel Pieterse
04-09-2014, 01:54 AM
Create two labels, name them lblProgress1 and lblProgress2
make sure lblProgress1 has a border
make sure lblProgress2 has a background color (the color you want the progress bar to have)
Make sure lblProgress2 has a width of zero
Position them on top of each other

Now use code like this to update the progressbars (dRatio should be between 0 and 1)

lblProgress2.Width = lblProgress1.Width * dRatio
Me.Repaint

k0st4din
04-09-2014, 08:12 AM
Hello
please excuse me but I'm not sure I can do it, if you could do it in a file provided by me and show me where to put (or updated its) this extra line in the macro.
Thank you warmly.

Jan Karel Pieterse
04-09-2014, 08:48 AM
See attached...

k0st4din
04-09-2014, 09:08 AM
This is really very good, but please look at my file - as the idea would work with buttons and macros for them.
You may have involuntarily missed this text in my inquiry.
Thank you heart

Jan Karel Pieterse
04-09-2014, 09:25 AM
I'm sorry, but this forum is run by volunteers, you are supposed to do most of the work yourself, not have it done for you.