PDA

View Full Version : Runtime Error Only Happening For 1 Person

XopieX20
04-08-2014, 07:46 AM
OK guys, I have a tough one. I built a database and having issues with a RunTime Error.

Here is what I did:
1. Built the database
2. Split The Database
3. Ziped the file
4. Emailed it to about 80 people

This database includes a Login form that appears on open. After they log in, it leads them to another form where the fill out the info and submit the record. Now, this works for 99% of the 80 people. 1 person is getting a RunTime Error which says: Execution of this application has stopped due to a run-time error. The application cant continue and will be shut down.

Any ideas at all what could be causing this only for the 1 person? I have checked the code, username is correct, no missing refrences, I have had him copy the direct file from to his desktop instead of the emailed file..... I'm at a loss! PLEASE HELP!

SoftwareMatt
04-24-2014, 06:01 AM
Do you know if he is using the same version of Access as everyone else?
Also, you say you split the database - so that means you have a linked Front and Back, correct? Make sure the user has the same path and has permission to open the file in the folder they save it to.

One more thing - it sounds like the users are using Runtime which is why the application shuts down. If you add error traps to all your code then the error would be a bit more helpful.

ranman256
04-29-2014, 11:07 AM
yes, that user MUST relink the tables to his file path. (I wrote a function that would relink all tables automatically when the user opens the app. Thus stopping this issue.)