PDA

View Full Version : Login into intenet website not recognizing password via VBA code from excel

cfernand74
04-11-2014, 07:25 AM
What i do normally is create a code to auto log me into most website. Which works on most website. I notice on several of the website that i would like to set a auto login that i can not log via VBA code. There is a a little eye icon that appears when you start typing your password manually. So it recognizes manual key presses and you can also copy and paste into it. But it will not recognize the code below when done through VBA code. It puts it in input box but when the login button is pressed it is not recognized:

IE.Document.forms("Form").all("Pswd").Value = "password"

My thought on possible solution
1) would be to do SendKeys "P" to spell out the password and see if it works,but i don't know how to implement it that way into my code

2) my thought on possible way to resolve it is to copy and paste via VBA code into it and see if this works, but again i don't know how to code copy and past into my form code above. It needs be used in the format above in order to get to the actual form that holds the login box. I can not

Please help

ashleyuk1984
04-11-2014, 09:15 AM
Sendkeys has a bad reputation.
I would try and fix your code first.
Without seeing the website or at the very least the source code, we couldn't make any suggestions on how to fix your code.