PDA

View Full Version : Printer Options

Rass
04-14-2014, 01:39 AM
Hey Guys :)

I have a Powerpoint cockpit with information that i want to make a "Print current sheet" button. I have managed to get it to print, but since im working in a big Company i want the "CTRL+P" window option so that i can pick a specific printer, i have no idea how to do it and iv'e tried to Google anything that i thought could help me ;)

I hope you Guys know what im talking about and i look forward to hearing from you :D

-Rass

John Wilson
04-14-2014, 08:46 AM
Did you write the current sheet print routing or find it on the internet? I ask because it is easy to get wrong! (see http://www.pptalchemy.co.uk/Current_Slide_Print.html)

I don't think you can get the built in print options to fire easily but you could create a form with a drop down combobox. Is that something you might be able to do?

Rass
04-14-2014, 11:41 PM
I got the existing coding from the internet, but it just prints from standard printer instead i want to get the opportunity tp pick a printer.

Is it possible to get that option with a dropdown menu? I think that maybe the dropdown menu would be way to long :)

-Rasmus

John Wilson
04-15-2014, 12:00 AM
See if this works for you (attached) It might not because it will depend on how the network is set up.

DOWNLOAD (http://www.pptalchemy.co.uk/Downloads/Printcurr.pptm)

Rass
04-15-2014, 12:04 AM
It does, thats awesome, you're a GENIOUS :) But how did you do that and how did you make it out of a shape, i normally has to use Command Button?

John Wilson
04-15-2014, 12:37 AM
You never (well hardly ever) need to use a command button in PPT. In show mode normal shapes work and comand button don't work in edit mode anyway.

To see the code

Got to the VBE

Make sure project Explorer is showing (Ctrl R if not)

Find frmPrinters and RIGHT click > Show Code

You will see the code that runs when the form opens, closes or the OK button is pressed.

The code to open the form (when the shape is clicked) and the print code are in Module 1