PDA

View Full Version : VBE I/O Errors, Out of Memory, and crashing of Excel due to duplicate VB code

vanhunk
04-27-2014, 09:08 AM
Excel 2010 Bug?!

I hope there is someone out there with a solution.

I/O errors,Out of Memory messages and crashing of Excel caused by duplicate VB Projects in VBE.

When opening and working on code in the VBE, the code stays in the the VBE even after the workbook has been closed. When the workbook is opened again, it loads another set of the same code into the VBE and when the macros are activated, I/O errors, out of memory messages and/or crashing of Excel errors are caused.

My programs and code worked perfectly in Excel 2003 and when we changed over to Excel 2010 funny things started happening. I first thought it is my code but soon realised that the code stays in the VBE after the workbook has been closed. Closing and reopening the VBE does not help. Only when I close and restart Excel the code is cleared.

1) Is there a fix or a patch for Excel 2010 to stop this from happening?
2) Are there any workarounds for this problem?

Thank you very much,
vanhunk

Bob Phillips
04-27-2014, 09:13 AM
It is not duplicate code, it is ghost projects. I get them all of the time, it is Power Pivot causing the problem for me. You should only open the latest one, which is always the first in the list for me.

vanhunk
05-15-2014, 03:52 AM
Thanks xld. Since we moved from Excel 2003 to Excel 2010 I get a lot of problems with code that involves opening and closing of files. I yet have to discover what is causing the problem for me.

Bob Phillips
05-15-2014, 06:00 AM
It is usually an addin, Power Pivot and Power Query are the biggest culprits. If you have any adidns, try disabling each one at a time and see which if any is causing the problem.