PDA

View Full Version : 2007 Menu Issue

rjusa
05-02-2014, 03:43 AM
I have written an add-in that works with XL 2000 and forward…to a point. When a workbook (2000-2003) is launched, the standard MS Save & Save As… functions are disabled (i.e., grayed out) and saves are accomplished through menu selections from the add-in menu. For XL 2007+ grayed out not true, so I wrote the following which works to disable standard Save/Save As

In the add-in Utility section the user can turn back on (XL 2000-2003) the standard MS Save & Save As…functions. My question is how to incorporate the ability to turn back on in 2007+? Obviously if I edit my code to “enabled=true” on open of workbook, both are now enabled.

Also, how does one disable (gray out) the Save disc icon in the quick access bar? Thank you for reading this, hope someone can help.

Paul_Hossler
05-03-2014, 06:35 AM
1. Welcome

2. Instead of pasting a picture, use the # icon to add [ CODE ][ /CODE ] tags and paste in between

3. The QAT customizations (at least in 2010) are stored as XMS file in C:\Users\------\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Office\Excel.officeUI

Manually editing the file can make the FileSave icon not visible, so it can be hidden, but possibly not with CUstomUI

4. There is some CustomUI

<customUI xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/office/2006/01/customui">
<ribbon >
<qat>
<documentControls>
<button idMso = "FileSave" visible = "false" />
</documentControls>
</qat>
</ribbon>
</customUI>

that I thought would work, but doesn't hide FileSave (again, this is with 2010). Possibly only can be used to add commands. I really did not experiment much