PDA

View Full Version : switching between running Programs or Alt+tab

Aranell
05-12-2014, 05:30 AM
Hi is there a way to switch between excel and an other running windows already running program?
I know how to use AppActivate and CreateObject etc... but as far as i know it's working with only a few application like office etc..

I'm working with a reservation system calles Altea Amadeus, which is opens through internet explorer (it's actually not open IN internet explorer, only by clicking a link it will open for me the application)
I have check every week in amadeus the load of our aircraft for the next 4 Months. I'm doing so by typing a command (ll/Flightnumber/date) we have a daily flight and as you would presume entering the same command and coping the load to an excel sheet and this 120 times each week is too much work.
I thought i could automate this process by coping the command from excel switching to amadeus than paste the command using
SendKeys "^v" then wait 5 second sellect all and copy using again
SendKeys

I tried with only using
SendKeys ("%+{TAB}") but it didn't work

is this possible to do with excel vba or do i need to try java or c++?

Kenneth Hobs
05-12-2014, 06:13 AM
Sendkeys() solutions depend on focus and timing. You can make focus easier by finding the windows handle for you application to sendkeys. A spy tool can sometimes help with that. Since I don't have your application, if you attach a screen print or tell us the title on the window, it might help us help you.

Aranell
05-12-2014, 06:29 AM
thank you will do on Wednesday as I'm out of office until then.