PDA

View Full Version : Consolidate worksheets with specific requirements

tcambridge
05-30-2014, 08:13 AM
:help
Hi Paul,

I tried the same code for my attached sample data file. However, I want to have additional fuctions and options: since all the tabs have the same format, I want (1) to keep the same format of Mastersheet. (2) I want to have option to sum up all the repeated line items because they technically are one but being split out per departments (business unit). Thank you for all your helps.

Tim

Paul_Hossler
05-31-2014, 07:36 AM
BIG job to consolidate all of those

your sample appears to be formatted to look nice, but that does not lend itself to data analysis in Excel (my opinion only of course)

For example sheet FABRICATION SERVICES (SPS) has two sub-blocks F&F and SPS. SPS is split at a page break and the second is marked (CONTINUED)

Again, my choice would be to separate 'Data' from 'Presentation' by putting all the data into a list and using Excel pivot tables and graphs to do analysis and reporting (attachment with a little of your data)

Sorry if I'm off base here, but if you have a specific question I'll try to help

tcambridge
06-02-2014, 08:38 AM
Thank You. How would do you to extract all the data from 'Presentation' without 'copy and paste'? For clarification, I got the report from another person as 'Presentation' format. However, I need to do the data analysis that's why I want to combine data only. This person is doing manual input on each table of each tab on monthly basic. I strongly feel it's a really unefficent working process. Do you have any suggestion?

Zack Barresse
06-02-2014, 08:50 AM
I've started a new thread for you. Instead of hijacking another thread, this is where you would start your own. Here is the originally referenced thread:

http://www.vbaexpress.com/forum/showthread.php?49556&p=310104

tcambridge
06-02-2014, 10:57 AM
Thank you. So sorry. I did not realize that was a "hijacking" action. I thought "forum" is where for questions and answers! :dunno:)