PDA

View Full Version : Hi there

JackPWinner
06-15-2014, 01:35 PM
I am somewhat of a newbie learning Macros and how to write complex formulas. I came here hoping to learn as well as get some long needed help with some tools I need to use

ranman256
06-16-2014, 12:03 PM
Quick Lesson:
Excel
Learn macros in Excel by clicking RECORD then do the steps you want , stop recording, view the macro.

Access
pick the steps you want to do out of the list box.

JackPWinner
06-16-2014, 09:10 PM
Then how would you even start this?

I have a row of numbers that change as they go up. I will have 2 rows of numbers that will range from 1's all the way to 9's (B through BO) I will have different letter sequences that I will be entering as the criteria in column F either on the Up and Down sheet or the Even and Odd sheet. When I say different sequences. This is 1 group of letters. The next group of letters in column F will be in a different order. They will always be a U and D in one and E and O in the other but in row 13 it may have a U or D and it will be the same all the way down. The object is for me to be able to place the letters in either column F from rows 13 to 60, place 2 rows of numbers in rows 58 and 59, press the advance cell in G1 and it it populates all across the spreadsheet from I to BO. I will get all different number sequences since I am starting with a different number in rows 58 and 59. I have all the letters color coded and they move up based upon the color of the letters in row 1. If there is a green E in column M then I will be the column that the number advances from 1111 to 2111. If there is a green O then column K will advance up from 1111 to 1121.

I made a short video if you wish to view it.

The conditional formatting is very important so I need to have the green font with gray shade and red font with yellow shade

https://app.box.com/s/y67iqdnhmxdwvhjyv033