PDA

View Full Version : Expired: Word Macros work in Frontpage??

Reedly
07-15-2004, 10:26 AM
Hello all!

I was wondering if anyone knew if Macros created in Word would also work in Frontpage??

I am not asking this question as a personal need, but for a co-worker, so I may not have all of the necessary information. Basically, they had a problem with opening some pre-existing html code in Word, where they run macros to insert objects into the code. Word added several incorrect codes, (of course). They would like to know if the macros they have set up in Word already, can be successfully copied and pasted into Frontpage and applied??

Thank you for any help on this. If I have not posted enough information, I apologize, and will do my best to answer the questions needed.

Thanks!!

Reedly.

Scottie P
07-19-2004, 11:19 PM
Bump!

Hi Reedly and welcome to VBAX!
Sorry I missed this question when you posted - I was away until Saturday.

As a basic answer and in general, I want to say. "No; a macro for Word will not be easily copied and pasted into FrontPage modules for use". However, there are common things among Office programs that make it possible to use 'some' procedures almost universally.

Is it possible for you to post the code in question here - or better yet load up a sample file containing the code? This way it would be easier to emulate the actions [ taking place in Word ] for use in FrontPage.

Scott

Zack Barresse
09-23-2004, 03:30 PM
Bump! (Again)

Hi Reedly,

Could you ever get your code up here, or a sample document, as Scott requested? That helps things tremendously! :yes

Reedly
09-23-2004, 03:40 PM
Hello..

I want to thank you guys for being interested in helping!

I just received an email that there was a reply to this topic. However, I am no longer interested in an answer to the question. It was an issue that a contractor I was working with was having, and they went a completely different route that they had me searching on.

Thanks for the help. Sorry to leave everyone hanging. Feel free to delete, or close this topic!!

Reedly.

Howard Kaikow
10-01-2004, 06:56 AM
Hello all!

I was wondering if anyone knew if Macros created in Word would also work in Frontpage??

I am not asking this question as a personal need, but for a co-worker, so I may not have all of the necessary information. Basically, they had a problem with opening some pre-existing html code in Word, where they run macros to insert objects into the code. Word added several incorrect codes, (of course). They would like to know if the macros they have set up in Word already, can be successfully copied and pasted into Frontpage and applied??

Thank you for any help on this. If I have not posted enough information, I apologize, and will do my best to answer the questions needed.

Thanks!!

Reedly.
Even tho the poster seems to no longer be interested, I had these 2 pennies lying around, so I figured I'd offer my two cents worth.

Each Office app that uses VBA has a common set of VBA statements that differ liitle from the similar statements in other VBA apps AND each app has VBA peculiar to the apps specific object model.

Depending on the coding used, it is possible for a significant amount of VBA code written for one app to be used in another app.

If the original poster had posted the code, we could have quickly pointed out what could be used in common for Word and FrontPage.

At worst, in FrontPage, the Word specific code could be used in Word via automation.

OK, I've used up my two cents, gotta stop now.