PDA

View Full Version : VBA dropdown help

RadekSkylark
06-20-2014, 11:13 AM
Hallo everyone!

I'm totally new to VBA, and I'm trying to make my first excel spreadsheet for engineering purposes. Had started to read VBA for dummies and havent had much time to read it through and try things.

I wanted to ask for some advice on how to make a dropdown menu in one worksheet so that it contains list of options from another worksheet (which is in the same workbook - everything is in the same workbook). When an option is selected, few cells are filled with particular values which also are taken from the other worksheet. I want to make a dropdown list of few steel beam sections which are gathered in a table in another worksheet with their few their values, which will be inputed into cells of main worksheet when appropriate option is selected from dropdown list... I'm aslo not sure this has to be done through VBA, maybe there are other options, if any...

Hope someone will be able to help out in the whole process...

Thanks

RadekSkylark
06-20-2014, 12:25 PM
Ok, just did try some things with VLOOKUP and Data Validation and now I got what I wanted... First drop-down list which determines what is listed in the second drop-down list, which in turn determines the VLOOKUP value... the first dropdown determines the sheet in which is the value searched by the VLOOKUP function :)

Thanks