PDA

View Full Version : Real-Time plus Countdown Timer

jep22
06-20-2014, 08:08 PM
hi to everyone. i'm just 12 y/o from philippines.

can someone please help me about making an excel file real-time minus countdown timer equals to specific time. don't have any idea about codes yet. still learning.

sample file uploaded. thanks in advance

jep22
06-22-2014, 06:20 PM
hi to everyone. i'm just 12 y/o from philippines.

can someone please help me about making an excel file real-time PLUS (edited) countdown timer equals to specific time. don't have any idea about codes yet. still learning.

sample file uploaded. thanks in advance

GTO
06-22-2014, 07:23 PM
Greetings Jep and welcome to vbax :hi:,

I forget what grade in school that would be, sixth or seventh grade?

Well, I am sure you will get some help, but please be patient. Given that it's the weekend, many members are busy with family and don't check the site until Monday. In the meantime, it may be just me, but I wasn't exactly sure what we want to do in the workbook.

In the first cell, you note this as "actual time based on computer's time". Okay, but does that mean that this time is set (a time-hack) at the start of our code, or does it keep updating as the code runs? I would presume the former, but did not want to assume incorrectly.

For the second cell, 'countdown timer', you comment: "manual input of timer in h:mm and its ticking down". (bolding added - mws) What exactly does that mean? My guess overall is that we want to enter a value (hours and minutes) into B2 and run the macro, which would enter the current time and update the value in B2 every so often, until the timer expires. I'm not sure about B4.

So... could you confirm what exactly we are wanting to do?

Mark