PDA

View Full Version : Sleeper: Count same values

ermis1975
09-04-2005, 12:22 AM
I have 2 columms. The one with a date the second with a number. I want in a third column to count the same values in each date. eg. 1, 2, 3.
I want to do it to make this values uniques because I want to compare this sheet with another.
Thanks

MWE
09-04-2005, 09:17 AM
I have 2 columms. The one with a date the second with a number. I want in a third column to count the same values in each date. eg. 1, 2, 3.
I want to do it to make this values uniques because I want to compare this sheet with another.
Thanks
if I understand your need:

you have a worksheet with two columns presently
the first column has dates (and any date may appear more than once)
the second column has numbers
you want to count the numbers that appear next to unique dates and display the results
Correct?

See attached for possible solution

ermis1975
09-04-2005, 05:50 PM
Thanks
it helps me...
but in fact I want to count in the third column the same values in the same date and put a number (1,2,3) next to each same number. (in a third column).
With this idea I want to make same values (in each date) uniques.
After that I want to compare 2 sheets with the 3 columns.(I have a code for that)
Any other ideas accepted.

MWE
09-04-2005, 06:07 PM
Thanks
it helps me...
but in fact I want to count in the third column the same values in the same date and put a number (1,2,3) next to each same number. (in a third column).
With this idea I want to make same values (in each date) uniques.
After that I want to compare 2 sheets with the 3 columns.(I have a code for that)
I am still confused regarding the 3rd column and what you want there. I am sure you know what you want, the problem is in the translation. Could you manually create a simple example spreadsheet and repost with the spreadsheet attached. All I need is a few dates, a few numbers and examples of what you expect in the 3rd column

ermis1975
09-05-2005, 01:23 AM
EG. I compare 2 sheets. Each one has 2 columns Date and a number. But when in the first sheet I have twice the same value and the same date, and in sheet 2 I have only one time the same value and the same date the code I have didnt recognize the difference and hightlight all values True. Because the values arent uniques. I want the third column to make th 2 same values to be differentes...
Thanks

MWE
09-05-2005, 06:59 AM
EG. I compare 2 sheets. Each one has 2 columns Date and a number. But when in the first sheet I have twice the same value and the same date, and in sheet 2 I have only one time the same value and the same date the code I have didnt recognize the difference and hightlight all values True. Because the values arent uniques. I want the third column to make th 2 same values to be differentes...
Thanks
Sorry, I still do not understand what you want. As I indicated earlier, if you can take one of the spreadsheets, eliminate whatever is private or proprietary and MANUALLY indicate what you want to see in the 3rd column; perhaps I can then help you.

IT is ALWAYS a great deal easier to help out if a sample spreadsheet is supplied.

To attach a spreadsheet to a post:

ZIP the spreadsheet
in the browser window go to Additional Options and click on the Manage Attachments button.
navigate to the ZIP file
upload the file
complete your message and hit Submit

ermis1975
09-07-2005, 02:48 PM
I try to compare this 2 sheets (1,2) and hightlight the differences.

I try it but if values are the same (eg date and value in sheet 1 with 2) althought there are more same numbers in sheet1 than 2 I cant mark the differences.
I found a way by adding numbers in column 3 (in 2 sheets). It makes values
unoqiues.