PDA

View Full Version : Calendar not linking to Userforms.

Wolfie
07-13-2014, 11:20 AM
Hello

I'am new to this Forum and am looking for some help with a workbook used for booking desks at work.

The work book has a Userform Calendar that was used to book desks in advance to another
Useform, "Second Floor". This works great

However Recently we acquired two other floors and have several more
desks available, I have added two more userforns to the workbook
to book desks on the other two floors, just copying the VBA code from the 2nd Floor to the new Ground and First floor Userforms.

The trouble is the Userform for the 2nd floor still works great, but the Userforms for the Ground and First Floors allow one booking of a desk and then stops working. My knowledge of VBA is not particularly good.

Is anyone able to take a look and see why the Ground and First Floor Userforms wont work , It would be greatly appreciated.

I have attached a copy of the Workbook. The password for Overwrites is "Kate"

Many thanks for any help in advance

Wolfie

p45cal
07-13-2014, 05:23 PM
The ShowModal property of the First Floor and Ground floor forms is set to False. I suspect they should be True like the second floor userform.
There are a few eyebrow raisers; if you fill something in on the first floor form in the Desk 7 AM textbox, it appears in the FLine desk2 AM column of the corresponding sheet.
On all the forms, if you put something in one textbox, then double click in another, it looks like the wrong field is updated (I haven't stepped through the code to find out what's going on).
You haven't updated all the strings which go into the Data sheet, the wrong floor is sometimes being reported there.

It's bedtime here, if I get time I'll look at it some more. In the meantime if you manage to correct (some of) the above points, do update here.

Wolfie
07-14-2014, 03:21 PM
Hi p45cal

Thanks ever so much for taking a look, its much appreciated. I see what you mean about the ShowModal. I have altered these to True and the calender is working fine with all floors now, thanks for locating that error in teh properties. i didnt even think to look there. I assumed tehre was something wrong with the code.

I am just looking at the text boxes, I think its happened after I had a reshuffle and didnt alter the floor sheets. I'am having a look myself now.

Much appreciated

Thanks

Wolfie