PDA

View Full Version : Sharing of files.

rdelosh74
07-25-2014, 08:46 AM
Really need some ideas/help on this.

I have an area that will be taking several workbooks (1-50 a day) and needing to work in them at the same time (1-15 users). I have a shared drive for everyone to get to. And all the macros set up, etc.. I am worried about using the share function on excel. Already in testing I am having issues with multiple people saving at the same time.

No one will be changing values in the same sheet at the same time. Everyone will be working in a different sheet in the book.
I understand the potential of putting it in an access database and working from that angle. But everyday it will be different workbooks and this will get very labor intensive.

Anyone have any helpful hints, other alternatives?

thanks.

ranman256
07-28-2014, 05:31 AM
Excel is stingy..and wont let others share.
Is it possible to import all given sheets to a table? (MS Access)... THEN all users can share the data.
(this is what I do)

rdelosh74
07-28-2014, 06:29 AM
I am very unlearned in access. Am willing to go there though. But not sure if it can do what I would need. This would have to be done to anywhere from 1 to 50 different files daily. Would it be able to be macro'd to do this? And it is a lot of data. Around 200 rows of data per workbook. Anywhere from 1 to 50 sheets per workbook.

thanks.

rdelosh74
07-28-2014, 11:56 AM
Would there be a way to make a macro that would save a new workbook for every sheet past the 4th one? And to just name those new workbooks the same name as the original sheet? And then of course a macro to return them all back to the original file/sheet.

thanks.

Jim Clayton
07-27-2018, 11:46 PM
Deleted.