PDA

View Full Version : Greetings and Salutations from North Alabama

Homer35805
07-31-2014, 11:54 AM
ALCON,

Hello to all. I am in Northern Alabama, working for the Federal Government, supporting the US Army and I am a Financial/Budget Analyst. I have only been doing this since March of 2008. I am also a partially disabled veteran, and because of that, before I started working for the Fed Gov, I was going to school to obtain my college degree. Which I earned at the tender age of 50. Yes, 50. Before I went back to school, I spent 10 years in the military and the next 15+ years as a contractor, and my speciality was software engineering/development with a primary focus on databases for that entire period. Well, the first few years in the military I did something different, and that is where I received the injuries that resulted in my partial disability. That's all I have to say about that.

So, software engineer for roughly 25+ years, and a Financial Analyst since 2008. I had to learn Excel "on the fly" and made merciless use of various Excel forums, speciality web sites and any online training I could get my hands on that my employer would fund. All that training combined with my programming background gave me a running start into VBA and the world of Excel macro's. I have developed numerous macro's since I started, but most of them are user specific and were designed to tailor my environment and reduce some very tedious tasks to a push of a button (per task that is). Hmm, maybe I should develop a userform task menu, that comes up with a push of a button and is filled with other buttons to perform those tedious tasks I mentioned. Going to have to look into that.

Enough for now, more later, maybe. It is a pleasure to join a new forum and hopefully I can help as much as I will ask for help. Nice to meet you all.

Have a great rest of the day wherever you maybe at this time. :hi::clap::thumb