PDA

View Full Version : Combine Workbook_different worksheet(same Name) in one master workbook

wouldbeca
08-30-2014, 11:30 PM
I want the help in solving my problem. The case is

for e.g. i have 3 workbooks ( A, B, C) each having 2 sheets (say Sh1, Sht2). Data in Sh1 and Sh2 across all the workbooks have same column heading.

I want to create a master sheet where Sh1 from all the workbooks being paste special into Sh1 of Master workbook and similarly for other sheets based on sheets name.

As of now i am doing it by copy paste.

Help is highly appreciable.

GTO
08-31-2014, 01:45 AM
I would suggest showing us at least two of the workbooks. Alter any sensitive data of course, but keep substituted data of the same type.

wouldbeca
08-31-2014, 07:58 AM
I would suggest showing us at least two of the workbooks. Alter any sensitive data of course, but keep substituted data of the same type.

As suggested , i am coping two sheets. Sheets are having their macros and all vlookup referencing. I am more intersted in compiling sheet named RST, ARB & OI. I hope it helps in giving me my code or nearby code

SamT
08-31-2014, 09:15 AM
A) Those two workbooks are copies of each other. No information there for us.
B) Your code is password protected. Good thing you don't need help on that. The code is not relevant to your question Leaving it out would have saved me >1.3mb of bandwidth. I am on a limited plan.
C) You have columns of formulas that go all the way down to the last row. I had to wait a full minute while Excel calculated all those empty rows every time I did anything at all the the Workbooks. All we needed to see was the Values.

Below I have attached a stripped version of one of the workbooks so that no one else has to spend all that bandwidth.

Please prepare a book with only the three sheets you are interested in that you have manually Consolidated at least three workbooks. Please use only values and not formulas. Do not have any formatting or cell contents below the rows that we need to see.

Do you actually need all the formulas in the finished Consolidation workbook, OR, will just the vales be enough?