PDA

View Full Version : [SOLVED:] Update Cell Based Off TickBox Value

jo15765
09-09-2014, 10:53 AM
I have a CheckBox Form Control in multiple cells. I want to populate the Date in the corresponding cell once the check box has been checked. For example cells C2:C13 contain the CheckBox. Let's say C6 is checked, I want to populate D6 with today's date (Ideally in the MM/DD/YYYY format).

This may require VBA (and I am okay with that) or this may just need a simple formula (I am okay with that as well), just don't know how to perform this, can someone please help!

EDIT---
Also, is there a way to filter on checked/unchecked check boxes?

jo15765
09-09-2014, 11:45 AM
I have a CheckBox Form Control in multiple cells. I want to populate the Date in the corresponding cell once the check box has been checked. For example cells C2:C13 contain the CheckBox. Let's say C6 is checked, I want to populate D6 with today's date (Ideally in the MM/DD/YYYY format).

This may require VBA (and I am okay with that) or this may just need a simple formula (I am okay with that as well), just don't know how to perform this, can someone please help!

EDIT---
Also, is there a way to filter on checked/unchecked check boxes?

Well for the 1st part of my question I discovered I was just wording the question incorrectly, I found this which covers it. Still stuck on filter on checked/unchecked.

http://www.techonthenet.com/excel/macros/checkbox.php

SamT
09-09-2014, 12:24 PM
Why not filter on the empty/filled Date Cells?

jo15765
09-09-2014, 12:28 PM
Because that would make sense! Thank you for that valuable input.

SamT
09-09-2014, 01:02 PM
:thumb