PDA

View Full Version : Macro that updates a workbook using an old workbook

Zlerp
09-11-2014, 09:48 AM
Hello,

i am looking to create a macro to help my workflow. I get an updated Workbook each week and i want changes that i made on the old one to take place on the new spreadsheet.

Here is how i would like it to work:

While i have the NEW workbook open:
After hitting run Macro, a prompt will appear asking me to "Locate Old File"
After locating the old version of the spreadsheet hit OK.

The macro will look through column A (starting at row 3) in the OLD Spreadsheet. anything in column A in the OLD workbook that matches column A in the NEW workbook will update columns B-H and columns M-N with the same data/format/Cell Highlights from the OLD workbook to the NEW Workbook. The Following Columns do not get touched:I,J,K,L,O,P. All the other Cells have will be updated on the NEW Spreadsheet using the OLD Spreadsheet.

I have attached a workbook that has the example of the OLD workbook, the NEW workbook, and what the FINAL WORKBOOK should look like.

As you can see in the attachment, the OLD workbook will be used to Update the NEW workbook so it looks like the FINAL WORKBOOK.
Notice how in the NEW workbook, No columns or cells are highlighted, and the red text in cell 4C is removed. The Macro should update it using the OLD workbook which is why i want the Macro to ask me to locate the old Workbook.

************THIS WILL BE USED WORKBOOK TO WORKBOOK, NOT WORKSHEET TO WORKSHEET****************

THE SHEET THAT IS BEING UPDATED IS CALLED "New Property"

*****REMEMBER COLUMNS I,J,K,L,O,P DO NOT GET TOUCHED*****

Let me know if you have any questions.

Thank you for your help.

Zlerp
09-11-2014, 10:03 AM
By the way, There will be more than 3 rows of data, so please make it function to the last row of data.

Thanks again for your help.