PDA

View Full Version : Excel 2010 VBA and Speech Recognition...

theWizard
09-18-2014, 09:10 AM
I am a VB.NET person for the most part and struggle sometimes with VBA when it comes to commands/functions that seem easy and natural in VB.NET I have a VB.NET program I wrote that uses speech recognition to enter data into fields in a dataview and then if certain values are spoke other triggers may occur. For instance I have a text box that when I speak it take what I speak and adds the count to a dataview. I do this by speaking example: '44 add'. This adds 44 to my text box and adds the value to the dataview. Then I run code after that says if you are >40 and < 60 then make the back ground color green, if it's >100 then back ground color is changed to red. But with Excel having so many other built-in features that otherwise I would need to program in my VB.Net app. I want to use Excel/VBA for this but I can figure out how to program the sub in VBA to intercept what is spoken and then run code if certain conditions are met. One thing I don't like is the insert box that automatically pop's up when using standard voice recognition in Excel. Can anyone give my an insight on this matter?

Kenneth Hobs
09-18-2014, 04:26 PM
Welcome to the forum! I doubt many of use would have the DLL or reference object needed for voice recognition. In any case, post how you get the Insert dialog to popup so we can try to help. You can post code using Code tags or post and example file. Posting a simple example Excel file is the best way to get help. I know a bit of vb.net but not a lot so posting that code might not be the best route right now. Since we deal with VBA here mostly, those solutions are best pursued here.