PDA

View Full Version : Protect Range of columns

izet99
09-26-2014, 12:38 PM
Hi, new to this forum and vba, working on excel template where I need to protect range of columns and I'm not sure what or how to do it with vba... Have excel template, 17 sheet with the same range of columns A to K, the same format.

Range A1 to H(?) contain initial user actions that need to be completed...... in column I, J, K are recorded action completed (bar code, user id and date) for example:

A--B--C--D--E--F--G--H-------I-----J------K
1--action items 1 here-------bcd userID date
2--action items 2 here-------bcd userID date
3--action items 3 here-------bcd userID date

A to H action items are dynamic, list size can vary....

1. Need protect range of all action item from editing once its released to shop floor, this will be dynamic range +1, no edits for existing entry. New new line can be added, after current locked range, once file is saved, new line get locked as well.

2. Range for column I J K, need to be editable, once user save work, those cell gets locked and no change can be done.

Anybody have any idea or suggestion how this can be done in VBA..

Regards,

izet99
09-27-2014, 09:01 PM
Anyone any ideas... done some research, seen some codes but not quite what I need.

izet99
09-28-2014, 08:16 PM
After some additional research found some sample... wonder if this code could be modify and applied to array of sheets if they are visible. The same ranges as in my initial post... if possible used name ranges, as I would like setup some dynamic ranges.

Any feedback or suggestion would be greatly appreciated.

izet99
10-08-2014, 11:05 AM
Another bump, anybody?