PDA

View Full Version : [SOLVED] Interactive userform please help

krishnaa_kum
09-30-2014, 09:26 AM
HI,

Thanks for looking at my query. Its really urgent and please help me.
I created a interactive userform. When you open the excel , it will automatically open the userform in which you can input the data which will store in the spreadsheet. I done with that and its working good.
My trouble is, i would like to search and edit based on some criteria. That is in my spreadsheet , if i give the week commencing and week ending , it should automatically pull up all other information and i should able to edit those information.

Please check the attachment

Please help me,

MINCUS1308
09-30-2014, 09:48 AM
If im understanding your situation,
you are trying to populate your userform with data from the worksheet based on the commencing week and the week ending?

if this is the case you will need to give the user the ability to input that information somehow.
once the data is input to the system, then you can search for it.

krishnaa_kum
10-01-2014, 03:46 AM
Hi,
thanks for your reply.
If you look at my spreadsheet i created userform with title TPM FORM to input the information.
But my problem is when i search for it i cant get the information back in the EDIT form which is my userform2. Please check the attachment above.

Thanks ,

MINCUS1308
10-01-2014, 12:31 PM

I slapped this together rather crudely. but i think it should do what youre looking for.
instead of having a large button just double click on the row that you are interested in editing.

you will most undoubtedly have to do some editing. if you hit a snag i can assist you.

krishnaa_kum
10-02-2014, 12:24 AM
Thank you so much for your kind help

krishnaa_kum
10-02-2014, 03:39 AM
Thanks a lot for your help mate. Excel look awesome, but I would like to include date picker for week commencing and week ending not as a text box. I tried by converting the text box to date picker but when I convert it, I am not getting the machine name value properly. Can you please help me. For reference please check the attachment. Thanks a lot mate.

MINCUS1308
10-02-2014, 05:36 AM
Ah, Everything makes more sense now. Did your original file have the date pickers on the form?
I don't have the ActiveX controls installed - which is probably why i couldn't see the date input fields.
Replacing the textboxes with the datepickers will work if you name them appropriately.
But as i don't have the ActiveX controls installed, I wont be able to assist with that part of it.

On another note, the machine name value should be entirely independent of the week com and the week end fields.
My guess is that it was just coded incorrectly (my bad).
Can you explain what is going wrong with the machine name value?

krishnaa_kum
10-02-2014, 06:22 AM
Thanks a lot for your quick reply. After creating date picker for week commencing and week ending , if i check the machine drop down box, nothing is visible. The machine drop down box is empty. Please check the above attachment for clear understanding. thanks a lot

MINCUS1308
10-02-2014, 07:02 AM
Again, Because I don't have the ActiveX controls those 2 controls don't show up when i open the file. without those controls I cant even get it to compile. If the machine box isnt showing its list of items, then the list of items has yet to be added o the control. Please note the method which the machine box is being populated. for the EditForm the machine name list isnt populated until
Sub callEDITFORM(Target As Range) runs. and for the TPMForm the machine name list isnt populated until the
Sub START() is run.

My guess is that you are trying to execute this code from VBE. you may be inadvertently skipping over the code that populates that list. when you open the .xlsm file and the TPMForm greets you - is the machine name list populated?

also, when you double click on your table to activate the EDITForm does the machine name populate?

if both answers are yes then its the method in which you are invoking the code that is causing the list not to populate.
Let me know...

krishnaa_kum
10-02-2014, 07:38 AM
I tried all sort of things mate. Nothing work good.

krishnaa_kum
10-02-2014, 07:47 AM
Bro, problem solved

Thanks a lot for your help
Thank you so much

MINCUS1308
10-02-2014, 07:49 AM
Hm...

when you first open the file
and click the dropdown for the machine name combobox
if that dropdown is blank
I dont know whats wrong.

Using the file you sent me, my code works fine.

How important is the date picker?
perhaps you could just write a snid-bit of code that checks for a valid date....

MINCUS1308
10-02-2014, 07:54 AM
Thats what this Forum is for :)
If you need assistance with the code feel free to PM me or post back into this thread

Dont forget to mark this thread as solved under thread tools at the top of this thread

krishnaa_kum
10-02-2014, 07:55 AM
problem solved bud. thanks a lot for your kind help. Can i contact you if i need any other help ?

thanks
:)

MINCUS1308
10-02-2014, 08:03 AM
Yes, a Private message through VBAEXPRESS will be your best bet for getting a hold of me

krishnaa_kum
10-02-2014, 08:06 AM
thats brilliant. thanks

krishnaa_kum
10-02-2014, 08:15 AM
Bro,
Do you have any code for deleting the complete excel sheet once in 2 year? before deleting the excel information, is it possible to get PDF file automatically to some one email?

Is it possible bro?

MINCUS1308
10-02-2014, 08:36 AM
Deleting a worksheet based on a date or duration of time is possible.
Unfortunately, I do not already have the code written.
It is also possible to PDF a file and then email it.

Both of these questions should be posted as new threads.
I will keep an eye out for your new forum posts.

krishnaa_kum
10-02-2014, 08:43 AM
THANKS A LOT.LET ME PUT THAT AS A NEW THREADS. I HOPE SOMEONE WILL HELP ME :(