PDA

View Full Version : Tab behavior in user forms

MINCUS1308
11-14-2014, 11:32 AM
Ive asked before and still never had this solved:

Tab key behavior will switch from: setting focus to the next field to the tab character.

nothing in my code changes the field property and the fields tab control property is set correctly.

I cannot predictably cause this to happen and i know that im not depressing the ctrl key while tabbing.

does anyone know whats happening.

im using 2013 2007 and 97

westconn1
11-14-2014, 02:02 PM
might this have anything to with it?

from help

The TabKeyBehavior and MultiLine properties are closely related. The values described above only apply if MultiLine is True. If MultiLine is False, pressing TAB always moves the focus to the next control in the tab order regardless of the value of TabKeyBehavior.
The effect of pressing CTRL+TAB also depends on the value of MultiLine. If MultiLine is True, pressing CTRL+TAB creates a new line regardless of the value of TabKeyBehavior. If MultiLine is False, pressing CTRL+TAB has no effect.

MINCUS1308
11-17-2014, 05:54 AM
unfortunately this is not the case. I experience this problem with textbox's and combobox's which means it cant be a multiline issue as comboboxes dont have the multiline property. but just incase, i checked anyways, sadly i found that all multiline properties were set to false.

The only things i have been able to find suggest compiler error.