PDA

View Full Version : [SOLVED] VBA code to initiate search button on website

DesignerKB2
12-08-2014, 01:47 AM
Hi,

I'm trying to write a VBA program to go to a property website, insert an address, look up the result and return values to excel. I've been able to successfully navigate to the website and input the property address but I can't work out the ID for the search button so that it will look up details on the property address. I was therefore hoping that someone could help.

The website address is the search function on the onthehouse website. A picture (although small) is shown below. On the right there are two buttons, a reset button and a search button. I want to click on the search button

The HTML code associated with these buttons as far as I can tell is:
tdclass="search-buttons"colspan="2"><buttonclass="btn btn-primary pull-right">Search</button><buttonclass="btn btn-secondary pull-right"id=reset-buttontype=resetvalue=Reset>Reset</button></td>
</tr>
</table>

My VBA code to click the button is:
.document.getElementById("???").Click

However I don't know what to put in the ??? as I can't find the ID for the Search button I can only find it for the reset button. I would appreciate if someone could tell me what to replace the ?? with or alternatively show me some other VBA code to click the button.

Thanks,
Kieran

jonh
12-09-2014, 03:20 AM
submit the form?

browser.document.forms("search-form").submit

DesignerKB2
12-09-2014, 03:39 AM
Thanks John,

The syntax you provided didn't quite work as is but after tinkering with it and using .Document.forms(1).submit I got it to work. Thanks for your help.

Cheers,
Kieran