PDA

View Full Version : VDA structure creating

Maciej
12-13-2014, 04:49 AM
Dear All,

I would like to kindly ask you for support.

I have checked almost whole internet :banghead: and I don't now, how to solve my problem.

I would like to create a macro, which will create a block diagram.

Let me explain based on on the example of the organizational structure, because it will be the first sample, where I will use this solution

Is it possible to do it in excel, a VDA/ macro, that when you press a button to create a diagram, it will create a scheme knowing:
- How many levels are vertically - Column A
- How many in each level is the level horizontally - Column C
- Enter a name to each block - Columns D-H

I thought about inserting scheme with SmartArt (file - Proposal 2), but he has some limit to the number of levels. So is it possible to do it by inserting into the cells and then simply reformatting them, add border, add something like the arrow (in file - Proposal 1)?
The assumption is that when it will be use it will have different amounts of levels and blocks at each level.

Thank you in advance for your help, because now I'm fighting with his for a long time and I am blocked, For 100% I will not do it by myself : pray2:

When an my post replies, please take into account that the I am not a "master" of VBA, so it will be possible, that I will not understand some VDA words and language :*)

Regards and once again thank you in advance

gmayor
12-13-2014, 05:02 AM
What your worksheet shows is an Org(anizational) Chart. There are plenty of examples of Org Chart templates available for Excel. Despite the dubious spelling of 'Layered' see for example - http://office.microsoft.com/en-001/templates/org-charts-visual-TC103427541.aspx which will give you a better start position. A quick look at Google also found https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=00C9xcShyd4

SamT
12-13-2014, 07:20 PM
Marciej,

I removed your other same as post in the Site And Forum Related forum.

Maciej
12-16-2014, 02:27 AM
Thank you!
It was my mistake, and I din't know how to cancel the previous one and leave only the one in EXCEL part.

Maciej
12-16-2014, 02:33 AM
Hello gmayor,

Yes, it is and Organizational Chart, but there is a main difference between the one available (links which you send me) and the mentioned by me.
I would like to have a file in which:
- I will open the worksheet: "Worksheet";
- Fill in the blue table;
- Press a button, which will create a Chart.

What I mean "create": it will copy the names of the levels, check how many levels it have, adapt it and past the text it in correct level (and in example: Proposal_1 - adapt the cell size to the text).

In my opinion it is not the one which you shows me.

Best Regards and thank you for your support
Maciej

elraymonds
05-24-2018, 12:19 AM
You can use these org chart templates (https://creately.com/diagram-community/popular/t/organization-chart) as images (svg,png or jpg). They are quickly editable and can be embedded in excel