PDA

View Full Version : Export Data from another program to excel

rogered
12-15-2014, 09:48 AM
I have an internal work program which has data that I can copy and paste into excel or press shift F8 and it will export it to excel worksheet. I'm looking to access this data from VBA without having to manually select the data, copy and paste it or export it each time. Is it possible to do this in VBA. I've tried using shell but that doesn't seem to work.

file location is C:\Users\xxxxx\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\xxxxx.appref-ms

Is this at all possible?

Many thanks for any help/guidance.

Charlize
12-15-2014, 10:39 AM
Is that excel file saved to a specified place on your network ?
How many times do you do this ? Daily, every x hour ?
If you want data to be exported, it depends if your program can do it every x hours or that you have to do it yourself.
Maybe you can save to a cvs file ?

It's possible to create something that looks at a directory and checks if there are some files present.
When something is there, perform an import of cvs or xls or txt or ... to an excel file that you use to gather all the data.

Charlize

SamT
12-15-2014, 11:07 PM
I have an internal work program which has data that I can copy and paste into excel or press shift F8 and it will export it to excel worksheet. I'm looking to access this data from VBA without having to manually select the data, copy and paste it or export it each time.

Only if that internal program has its own version of VBA. It might be possible to manipulate that program with Shell or Windows Scripting. That will depend on the work program's Internals.