PDA

View Full Version : Subtitle problem in embedded WMP control

stranno
12-23-2014, 09:23 AM
A few years ago i wrote an application in VBA (Excel) which syncs subtitles. The code contains an embedded Windows Media Player control in a userform. In general this program works fine, but lately the subtitling starts at the beginning again as soon as the movie is interupted (for example by clicking the pause button) in order to sync the subtitles on a specific moment somewhere in the middle of a movie. This happens particulary with mkv files and srt subtitles. Only last week i have synced the complete series of "Breaking Bad" (mkv & srt) with this programm without a single problem. Yesterday it didn't work anymore. Like i said the subtitling starts all over again after clicking the pause button, while the movie continues. Does this sound familiar to someone? Maybe it's important to know that it only happens within my application, not while playing the movie directly in WMP.

On my computer i have installed the newest version of WMP, Windows 8.1 (64 bits) and Office 2010 (32 bits).

The question is why WMP behaves different (with regard to the above described problem) if it is used as an embedded control in an application.

I'am hoping for an easy answer.

Best regards,
Stranno

stranno
12-24-2014, 05:02 PM
The embedded WindowsMediaPlayer is an activex control. Could it have something to do with the .exd files? I deleted these files but they come back all the time.

SamT
12-24-2014, 08:36 PM
See: Worksheet Sheet ActiveX Controls Command Buttons Stopped Don't Work Working (http://www.vbaexpress.com/forum/showthread.php?51419-Worksheet-Sheet-ActiveX-Controls-Command-Buttons-Stopped-Don-t-Work-Working)

It looks like you might have installed the bad update. :dunno

Re-delete all *.exd files and try again. CCleaner might work for you.

It is normal for *.exd files to be recreated.

stranno
12-25-2014, 03:34 AM
I will give it another try. Among these exd files there is a WMPlib.exd file, which ofcourse refers to the Windows Media Player.

Is it save to execute the following procedure?

Steps for deleting EXD files:
1. Run the command prompt (For Windows7/Vista Run the command prompt as Administrator).
2. Enter the command to delete EXD files from machine “Del C:\*.EXD /s”
Detail information on above mentioned command: /S includes files in the specified directory shown at the prompt and all subdirectories, *.EXD includes all files with the EXD extension.
3. Exit the command prompt.
4. Finally compile the macro and see if it runs fine.