PDA

View Full Version : [SOLVED:] Run-time error 424 issue

g8r777
12-30-2014, 11:02 AM
I have an excel workbook that used to work fine for all user but now does not.

Most users get the a Run-time error 424 - Object or Method not found error when they open the workbook. The debugger takes them to the following line of code:

With Sheet3.ComboBox1

On my computer the workbook functions fine. I am running the same version of Excel as everyone else. Nothing in our environment has changed that I know of (there may have been some Microsoft updates but these should have been across the board including my computer).

There have been no changes to the workbook. It used to work fine but now does not.

If any of the user click on ComboBox1 on sheet 3 the formula bar displays =EMBED("Forms.ComboBox.1","") however if you right click on the combobox and select properties it shows the properties for sheet3. It appears as though excel does not recognize the object (hence the error).

On my computer if I do the same I get the properties for the combobox.

The same references are available on my computer as are available on a computer that gives the error.

I cannot figure out what might have changed to cause the error but only on certain machines.

Any ideas?

Thank you,

Brian

Kenneth Hobs
12-30-2014, 12:06 PM
See the sticky thread at top of this forum.

g8r777
12-30-2014, 12:45 PM
Thank you. That worked.

zerzer04
01-26-2015, 07:31 AM
Can't find "the sticky thread at top of this forum". May you pls share again the solution? I got the same trouble :(

Kenneth Hobs
01-26-2015, 08:11 AM
Here is a thread about the control errors due to the upgrade.
http://blogs.technet.com/b/the_microsoft_excel_support_team_blog/archive/2014/12/11/forms-controls-stop-working-after-december-2014-updates-.aspx