PDA

View Full Version : [SOLVED] Change Cells color based on cell and other cells value.

Zlerp
01-08-2015, 01:53 PM
hello,

I am looking to create a macro that will highlight a cell (basic Yellow) depending on whether the Cell is blank and if there is a specific value in another cell on the same row.

What im looking for:

The macro will look in Range (J3:J) & lastRow and find all the blanks. If the cell is blank, and the corresponding cell (same row) in column C contains either the value "Canceled" or "Disqualified", then the cell in row J should be highlighted yellow.

Example:

Cell J5 is blank. cell C5 contains the value "Canceled", J5 will be highlighted yellow.
Cell J6 is blank. cell C6 contains the value "Active", J6 will NOT be highlighted yellow.
Cell J95 is blank. cell C95 contains the value "Disqualified", J95 will be highlighted yellow.
Cell J1273 contains the value "X", J1273 will NOT be highlighted yellow.
so on and so forth to the last row of data...

Let me know if you do not understand the question and I will be happy to explain it more.

Thank you for your time!

Kenneth Hobs
01-09-2015, 07:31 AM
I usually do conditional format for that sort of thing. If you really want a macro, we can do that.

Zlerp
01-14-2015, 01:32 PM
Hey Kenneth,

Thanks for getting back to me. I was able top create the macro with conditional formatting. I was able to figure it out using the record feature and my own knowledge.

Thanks for your time,
Zlerp

I usually do conditional format for that sort of thing. If you really want a macro, we can do that.