PDA

View Full Version : Solved: Transfer data from PowerPoint to a webpage

gsdonald
09-13-2005, 02:28 PM
Hi all,
I'm just a newbie here, as you might gather from my query.
What I'm trying to do is to "transfer" some data from a .ppt file to a .html one containing a form.
(I don't do this out of sheer masochism! The .html form would then send me the info!!)

Is this possible?
Any ideas are appreciated,
Thanks

sheeeng
09-13-2005, 04:47 PM
Hmm, new ideas here....But never heard of that for the mean time...

I can't really help much here due to insufficient knowledge of VBA. :banghead: Sorry...

Maybe some other experts may have a few solutions.... :friends:

gsdonald
09-13-2005, 10:05 PM
Thanks the same!!!

Brandtrock
09-14-2005, 03:23 PM
gsdonald,

Most things are possible with VBA. An example of what you are trying to do might help get the end result you are looking for faster. Can you attach an example file or screen shots of what you want to do?

gsdonald
09-14-2005, 04:12 PM
Hi Brandtrock,

And thanks for the interest.

I tried attaching the files in question. Not allowed:banghead:

Not to worry, I think I may have found a way around the problem using the MAPIMessage.

Thanks the same,

gsdonald

Brandtrock
09-14-2005, 04:16 PM
Glad to hear you've gotten it sorted. Could you post your solution so others can share in the knowledge?

If you coded the solution, perhaps submitting it as a KB would be a good way to share it, if you don't mind, of course.

Regards,

gsdonald
09-14-2005, 04:34 PM
Nothing original, I'm afraid. I simply took the solution from http://vbaexpress.com/kb/getarticle.php?kb_id=311
and modified it to PowerPoint.

Cute solution with one drawback: the computer generates a message informing the user that a programme is trying to send a message and this might be a virus.

Never a complete solution, eh?

gsdonald

Brandtrock
09-15-2005, 12:23 AM
Nice lateral thinking!!