PDA

View Full Version : Getting error 32809 - when ever we open our excel application

Prity
01-14-2015, 05:02 AM
Hi All,

We are facing a critical issue with one of the excel application, as soon as i open the excel, i get the error - 32809.

May i know why this error is coming?
How to solve this error?

Well this error comes in some of the machines, but in some other machines it wont.
Can any one please help us.

Thanks in Advance.

Kind Regards
Seema

Aflatoon
01-14-2015, 05:44 AM
I think you've been hit by this: http://excelmatters.com/2014/12/10/office-update-breaks-activex-controls/

You need to make sure all machines have had the updates applied, then run the Fixit in the MS link at the top of that page on each machine.

Prity
01-14-2015, 06:45 AM
Hi Aflatoon,

Well this issue is occuring in one of my clients machine, well i had another question, can you tell me how to reproduce it, on my machine. In my machine its working fine.

If i produce this error on my machine, then i amy get to know how to fix it.

right now i will go through the link you gave.

Thanks in Advance
Seema

Aflatoon
01-14-2015, 07:35 AM
If you have the December updates applied, remove them. If not, apply them. (the error occurs due to a mismatch between machines).

Prity
01-14-2015, 08:56 AM
Hello Aflatoon,

December updates? what it is? not getting. :-(

I went through the link, but there are so many technical terms, and feeling little difficult to proceed. :-(.

If you can help me out with,

step by step, i mean if you write steps to carry out one by one, will be thankful to you.

Regards
Prity

Aflatoon
01-14-2015, 09:01 AM
Microsoft released some updates near the beginning of December, as mentioned in the linked article. You would need to check in Windows Update whether your machine has had these patches applied. If it has, you need to uninstall them; if not, you need to run Windows Update.

Prity
01-14-2015, 11:04 AM
Hi Aflatoon,

I saw in the software updates as in the screen shot, there are so many MS office related softwares, but which one to uninstall, to reproduce the error not getting :-(

Regards

Prity

SamT
01-14-2015, 11:11 PM
All* Windows computers that are connected to the Internet are automatically updated every Wednesday.

*Some very few computers have automatic update turned off.

Uninstall all from December and January.

Aflatoon
01-15-2015, 01:18 AM
Per the MS article: https://technet.microsoft.com/library/security/ms14-082