PDA

View Full Version : Sleeper: DateTimePicker Control not displaying

jPat104
09-15-2005, 11:10 AM
Greetings,

I am getting ready to share out a workbook to 20 users that has a form, which displays dtpicker controls.

I discoverd that MS OFFICE PRO 2003 installs do not have mscomct2.ocx and when I opened the xls the form did not display the dtpickers. After installing/registering mscomct2.ocx into the sys32 folder and opening the xls again, the controls still do not appear. I had to add the control into the toolbox in the VBEditor then readd teh controls to the form in order to get the dtpickers to display.

My questions are:
Is this normal behavior?
Will I have to do the above procedure to everyones workstation, or do
you know if running a bat file that installs and registers mscomct2.ocx
prior to opening the the xls is sufficient?

I will not be able to test this out until next week, but need to make plans now if I have to visit each workstation personally.

Thanks for reading,

Patrick

Zack Barresse
09-15-2005, 08:20 PM
I would program a file check. This can happen if one does not do a complete install of the Applications (such as hitting Standard Install). I suggest checking for the file, if it isn't there, you can auto-generate an email back to yourself which will notify you and pop a message up for the user letting them know the situation.

Of course, you could go proactive and make another custom file (possibly VBScript) which will do this for you. I think this would be easiest, IMHO.

lucas
09-15-2005, 08:26 PM
Hi Patrick,

This thread is a Hall of Fame nominee here and it addresses the problem you have encountered. Its fairly long but worth the read. Scan through it till you find out whether it can help you or not:

http://vbaexpress.com/forum/showthread.php?t=3854&page=1&pp=20

Don't let the fact that its a Mac thread throw you, it addresses windows too. Several options discussed, all alternatives to the native calendar control.:hi:
ps. Welcome to the board