PDA

View Full Version : Sleeper: Storing and retreiving text from a separate workbook

Benjamin92
03-05-2015, 08:49 AM
Hi All,

First off, thank you in advance for your help. I’m working on a project for work and I’ve been stuck on this “issue” for the past few weeks so your input is much appreciated because at this point I’m stumped.

My workbook:
I have a sheet in my workbook that contains 50 graphs with a text box beneath each graph (50 text boxes in total). The graphs show performance metrics for stores, and the text box contains notes. The idea is for a district manager to visit one of his/her stores, sit down with the manager to review the performance metrics (aka graphs), and then enter his or her action plan into the text box. The next time the district manager visits the store, he/she can sit down with the manager, pull up the previously entered action plan, and use it to check progress.

My problem:
My current set up for this involves a heavy amount of VBA, which is taking up too much space and causing the document to crash frequently. I currently have an edit button, which returns all previously saved notes and allows the user to enter new notes. With the notes pane open, a save button takes all of the notes (previously entered and new) and transfers them to the separate file. I’m using this system for each of the 50 notes panes, and it’s simply taking up too much space. Do you have any recommendations for how I can keep the functionality of my workbook while reducing the file size?

Thank you,
Benjamin

Bob Phillips
03-05-2015, 09:06 AM
Cross-posted at Excel Guru, http://www.excelguru.ca/forums/showthread.php?4203-Storing-and-retreiving-text-from-a-separate-workbook