PDA

View Full Version : Creating user names & passwords to an excel workbook and restricting the view of data

Brian$1980
03-19-2015, 03:17 PM
Hi
I am completely new to excel VBA scripting. Just started.
I have a performance scorecard in excel workbook for a team size of approximately 140. I have a list of employee IDs and used data validation to create a drop down and each individual can view performance by selecting from the drop down. The issue I have with this file is, anybody would be able to view other's performance by just selecting someone else's employee ID. My job requirement is to create user names and passwords for each individual(both user names & passwords can be employee IDs). Any user opens the excel file, the user should be asked to enter his/her employee ID and that person should be able to view just his/her own performance data.

Can you please help me with this task and implement integrity by viewing just that individual's performance and not the other person's.

Regards
Brian$1980.

mikerickson
03-19-2015, 05:32 PM
You might use something like this.
In this workbook, the user entered their username and password and gains access to the sheets that they are allowed to see.
(Usernames are not case sensitive, passwords are case sensitive.)

The Welcome screen currently shows some usernames and passwords.
After entering their password, but before pressing Submit, the user has the option of changing their password.

The user Admin is the administrator.

admin (password admin) can add users, change access and reset user's passwords. (Default is adding pw to the user's name.)
Any user whose name begins with "admin" is an administrator.