PDA

View Full Version : Copying data from multiple worksheets to one summary sheet

alikatz11
03-24-2015, 10:13 AM
Hi all -

I'm definitely not a coder, and I'd been getting help on another site, which I was really grateful for. But the code was over my head (I'm basically teaching myself from the internet) and the fellow stopped answering my posts before it was working correctly. I didn't know what to do, I certainly don't want to be a pain! I really, really hope it's not ill mannered to be posting on a new forum. Please tell me if it is and I'll think of something else to do.

If someone out there is inclined to help me, here is the situation. I've tried writing my own code for it, and I have the code from the other site, but I honestly think it might be easier to start fresh. Again, of course, let me know if that's not the case.

I have about 900 worksheets of data organized into workbooks of 20 worksheets each. There is a summary sheet in each workbook, but unfortunately, the person doing the original data collection set up the summary wrong. So I need to go back and re-pull the data from each of the worksheets and make a new summary sheet for each workbook. To make things even more helpful, the project changed as time when on and more data points were added.

I'm attaching a sample I made with two worksheets of data. These are from near the end of the study, so what's on these sheets should be the most data which will appear on any individual sheet. The "summary" I did by hand and is what I'd like the summary sheets to look like, although with 20 days per sheet.

A couple notes - I need to copy values, not formulas. Also, I need to specify in the code to only copy data from worksheets named "Day [number]", because many of the workbooks have extra worksheets called "stats" or such.

As I said, I hope my etiquette is okay. I'm really really grateful and eager to learn the coding you can show me.