PDA

View Full Version : Fill Online Application - Acknowlegement number not generated

Gb.pandey
04-10-2015, 06:16 AM
I want to create a macro which will:

1. Fill online application form from Excel
2. Save the form
3. Get Acknowlegement number from webpage to Excel (a unique number generated after every application submitted)

I have been able to create VBA macro to fill data and save. However Acknoledgement number is not generated.
If save data is entered manually I have the Acknowledgement number.

It seems to be some Javascript code running backend on webpage. how to run that codes.

Kindly suggest the solution for it. (sorry i can't provide the code, some confidential data it have)

Zack Barresse
04-11-2015, 09:06 AM
Hi there, welcome to the board!

Not much to go on here. I'd wonder how you're submitting the data. Can't control any JavaScript of a website (or ASPX, etc). Generally the methodology is 1) fill out the form, easily done, and sounds like you have, 2) 'submit' the form, generally this is done by finding the element responsible for this and using its 'click' method, 3) wait for desired response, generally this is waiting until the web page loads back into a ready state, 4) get desired results. Without any code or URL, I'm not sure what else we can give you.

Gb.pandey
04-12-2015, 11:30 PM
Thanks Zack

Luckily I got some idea to run the Javascript code for Web page. Below is the codes.

1. IE.document.parentWindow.execScript "Validation1()"
2. IE.document.parentWindow.execScript "countdatavalue(ofrm.txtHeight.value)"

First code will validate the value entered in text box and second on will check the height. Playing with them however not getting desired output.

Check if you can help me.

Zack Barresse
04-13-2015, 10:32 AM
Not much we can do without you posting the code.

mohanvijay
04-15-2015, 01:07 AM
you don't have to run the javascript code from VBA. just click the submit button via VBA