PDA

View Full Version : ListBox size issue

kualjo
04-13-2015, 08:47 AM
In creating a user form, I am including a list box with a dedicated list of entries. In formatting the list box, I give it a height of 18, which is plenty tall enough to see the entries. However, when I run the macro, the list box height only displays as about 9,and the entries cannot be seen. Why does this happen? Is there something else I have to set in order to display the correct height? I have never had this problem before and have no clue why it would do this.

Yongle
04-14-2015, 04:00 AM
Hi Kualjo

Your problem is the height settings for the UserForm (not the list box)
Your UserForm height must exceed list box height, otherwise the list box is squeezed into a smaller space.

If this solves your problem please click on Thread Tools at top of thread and mark thread as "Solved", thanks

kualjo
04-14-2015, 07:38 AM
@Yongle: My UserForm has a height of 275. I'm not sure why you think this would be the problem. How would I get a list box - or any other control, for that matter - into a form with inadequate height? That's a pretty obvious design error, right? I don't think that's my problem.

Yongle
04-14-2015, 09:04 AM
I agree with you - a pretty obvious design error. Someone at Quality Control was :snooze

Try changing the Userform height to 10 and see what happens - you will see that it does exactly what I said.
I look forward to hearing the result.