PDA

View Full Version : Issues with Updating links in Powerpoint causing screen flash (excel app open/closes)

glinch
04-30-2015, 03:22 AM
Hi,

Before I begin, I've posted questions relating to my powerpoint issues on Stackoverflow. I'm not 100% sure if repeating the question on this forum is against the rules, apologies if so. The 2 questions relate to the same Powerpoint Presentations:

(can't post links)

In a Win 7/Office 2013 environment I have a Powerpoint Presentation and Excel Spreadsheet that are linked on a shared drive. Using PowerShow I can run the presentation on a secondary monitor and continue to use the pc with the slideshow running without focus / in the background.

The presentation consists of 1 slide, that updates links every time it is due change slides by using the following code:

Sub OnSlideShowPageChange(ByVal SSW As SlideShowWindow)
Application.DisplayAlerts = False
Call Relink
Application.DisplayAlerts = True
End Sub

Sub Relink()
Dim i As Integer
Dim s As Integer
Dim PPT As Object
Set PPT = CreateObject("PowerPoint.Application")
For i = 1 To SlideShowWindows(1).Presentation.Slides.Count
For s = 1 To SlideShowWindows(1).Presentation.Slides(i).Shapes.Count
If SlideShowWindows(1).Presentation.Slides(i).Shapes(s).Type = msoLinkedOLEObject Then SlideShowWindows(1).Presentation.Slides(i).Shapes(s).LinkFormat.Update
End If
Next s
Next i
End Sub

When the SlideShow updates the links the Excel app quickly Opens then closes, causing a flash on the screen the main screen that is being used as the workstation.

Is there any way to prevent this?

Also, when I am running the above setup I am noticing that Outlook has issues with connectivity and won't connect to the mail server. When the Slideshow doesn't run its fine. Has anyone had any experience of anything similar with regards to Powerpoint effecting Outlook?

Thanks in advance for any help. If its frowned upon to post on 2 separate forums apologies, I will delete the thread.

Cheers