PDA

View Full Version : Question For John W.

Paul_Hossler
05-14-2015, 08:41 AM
That was a terrific tip in ...

http://www.vbaexpress.com/forum/showthread.php?52464-Problem-in-adding-picture-to-label-in-Powerpoint-2010

... about passing the object receiving an action to the handling macro as a parameter.

I don't think I ever knew that, or if I did, old age crept up on me and I forgot

I tried to assign the same technique to a placeholder, but that shows as hyperlinked text, and the rest of the shape is not action-able

I could drop a transparent shape on the placeholder and put the on action on that, but that always turns into a maintenance nightmare.

Is there an easier alternative?

Thanks

John Wilson
05-14-2015, 10:26 AM
I think placeholders are a special case. The only workaround I know (it's a bad one ) is to cut and paste the placeholder. It's not really a placeholder now though. As you say a transparent overlay works but is hard to maintain.

Quick extra thought - suppose the transparent shape was on the custom layout?

Paul_Hossler
05-17-2015, 06:14 PM
Quick extra thought - suppose the transparent shape was on the custom layout?

Thought about that a little, but the transparent shape has to be on top, and that makes editing the text a little finicky since it'd be on a lower layer

John Wilson
05-18-2015, 03:10 AM
The text will be in front but the link will only work if the placeholder has no fill. Probably not a great idea!