PDA

View Full Version : Sleeper: Excel Macros

JulieAB
09-19-2005, 11:23 AM
I desperately need help creating a macro that will take information from one Excel spreadsheet and do the following:

1. I want to be able to "look" for any lines that contain a specific word (such as "worn"), but that word will change frequently, so, if possible a field where a new word can be inserted each time.

2. If a line is found containing that specific word, then the entire line be copied into another worksheet automatically.

Any help you can give would be greatly appreciated !!!

Thank you!

If you'd like a sample, I can send that directly - but I would prefer not to put the link onto a public message board due to some confidentiality issues.

austenr
09-19-2005, 11:37 AM
Hi Julie and welcome to VBAX!! You always get the best help with an example of the file if you can provide one. In this case it would really be benificial.

JulieAB
09-19-2005, 12:02 PM
I will gladly send a sample, but I can't post it here. Do you have an email where I can send it?

austenr
09-19-2005, 01:08 PM
If you could strip out the sensitive information and post that (you can only upload certain file types like .zip which most other people use) it would help those that can help assist you much better. If you are not comfortable with that then let me see if I unsderstand:

1. You need a way to look for a word that could appear in any cell in a row.

2. You need a way for someone to enter a word in something like a prompt.

3. If that word if found anywhere in that row, copy the entire row to a new sheet.

If that is all it should not be difficult for someone to help.

I have to run for a while but someone should be able to help you soon.